Recently I was approached by a Penn State student (via Career Services) as an Alumni, for some advice on job prospects within the Oil and Gas industry. He asked about stability of the oil and gas industry and whether a petroleum engineering degree would be a versatile asset, or too specialised of a [...]
The investable universe of oil and gas stocks can appear large at first, but the field can be narrowed significantly through an understanding of the major drivers of performance. Stocks which make it through this initial screening can then be subjected to more in-depth analysis (Figure 1).
FIGURE 1: NARROWING THE UNIVERSE
The oil stocks which trade [...]
Fundamental Analysis says the oil price should be lower – but speculative investment is keeping it high, why?
PlattsOilNYMEX June crude settles up $2.08/b at $53.20/b Friday despite staid equities, dollar. June RBOB, heating oil both settled up 5.16 cents
The oil price support continues to fascinate me given the current demand and days of stock cover. I expected this quarter to be a very low demand cover leading into driving season, and it [...]
My keynote presentation from the Excellence in Oil & Gas Investor Conference in Sydney, Australia 2009. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or want further information.
Investing in Oil and Gas – Strategies through the Oil Price Cycle
I have been invited to give a keynote presentation at the Excellence in Oil & Gas 2009 conference. I will be discussing “Oil and Gas Investment Outlook 2009: Cycles and Strategies”.
The Excellence in Oil & Gas investor congress showcases the Australian oil and gas industry to the investment community who are located here [...]
In 2007, I went to a restaurant in Sydney for a Cajun meal. New Orleans cajun/creole type food is rare in Sydney, so I was looking forward to the experience. The restaurant was fairly new and had done a good job using the local restaurant review websites to increase awareness and provide coupons. We [...]
- Advice to Undergraduate Student on Petroleum Engineering
- Cycles and Strategies in Oil Investment – Part 1: Forecasting the Oil price
- Fundamental Analysis says the oil price should be lower – but speculative investment is keeping it high, why?
- Investing in Oil and Gas – Strategies through the Oil Price Cycle
- Excellence in Oil & Gas 2009
- Bio (26736 views)
- Investing in Oil and Gas - Strategies through the Oil Price Cycle (22845 views)
- Disclaimer (17540 views)
- Contact (14272 views)
- Excellence in Oil & Gas 2009 (10515 views)
- Advice to Undergraduate Student on Petroleum Engineering (9830 views)
- Experience (8425 views)
- Cycles and Strategies in Oil Investment - Part 1: Forecasting the Oil price (7056 views)
- Fundamental Analysis says the oil price should be lower - but speculative investment is keeping it high, why? (6862 views)
- Restaurant Pricing and Customer Experience (4159 views)